My ratings are more important than conserving electricity.
Greetings to one and all. Here for your intellectual enjoyment is another heart-warming Issue of "Signs of the Times Newsletter." Topics to be discussed today: deciphering "The Event," future movie ideas, a bowling update, the flagship radio program on the planet, my wild hazing initiation, and yet another hint as to whether or not I have a heart. On we go!
So my dad and I are watching this show, "The Event." It's pretty crazy and intense. I can't go into much detail without spoiling stuff, so I'll just say this - if you're interested, watch it. If not, don't. Simple enough, right? I've liked the show thus far. It's action-packed and very suspenseful and I spend a lot of time last week wondering what would go down last night. Two episodes in, this seems like it should be a pretty good show, but I just don't know what to make of it. They ran a few promos saying something along the lines of "If 'LOST' and '24' had a baby..." Today, my friend, Jason, sent me a text. He said, "If 'LOST' and '24' had a baby and then 'V' and 'Flashforward' had a baby, then those babies got togethert and had a baby, 'The Event' would be their child." I agree. But maybe I'd say something along like, "If 'LOST' and 'V' had a baby and that baby starred in a TV show about a Black president (like in '24'), had the same chance of surviving past its first season (like 'Flashforward'), and was directed by the guy who made the movie 'Vantage Point,' that TV show would be 'The Event.'" I don't know. It's just crazy. And I'm surprised NBC doesn't have a few lawsuits on its hands right about now.
This was my exact face, too.
I'm starting to wonder how I'll meet girls after I graduate. I don't meet that many girls as it is and I'm in school with thousands of them every day. Once school is done and I can't scope out potential spouses on TRAX anymore, what will I do with myself?
**QUESTION TIME!!**
Q. "Dear Aaron,
When are you going to make another movie?"
Just Curious,
- The Junior Mounties
A. That's an excellent Question, amigos. (SALUTE!) I really want to make another one. I think it might be a nice project during Fall Break in a couple weeks. I have a few ideas, but don't know which to go with. Unfortunately, with the wedding of J.D. Lloyd and what appears to be the engagement of Jon Davis, "The Big Ticket 3-D" is slipping from my grasp. At the rate we're losing cast members, Scott Aylett and I will have to play like four characters each. I've been wanting to make a rap music video for a while. Could be fun. I also have an amazing idea for a music video about a guy running a marathon, but again, I'm going to need like 10 people to help me if I want to do it. Not looking likely. Any ideas? Any suggestions? I'll post a poll on the blog site that none of you ever vote on. Maybe I could make a "Survivor" parody about dinner time at the Christensen residence. I know you expect a lot from me, but sometimes the proverbial well of creativity runs dry in even the most creative of minds. Obviously.
Here's a quick update on my bowling class: Last Thursday, I bowled a 113, which was kind of good, but not really. Today I bowled a 123, which wasn'ttoo shabby after the fourth frame. This week we played against Derrick Shelby and Dave Kruger from the Utes football team. Jereme Brooks is on their team, too, but he didn't show for our series. Eddie Wide was there for the game on Thursday but decided to ditch us for a nice, warm pizza. He didn't come to class today, either, and neither did the guy whose average is just above mine. Even with two men down, the other guy and I managed to score more pins than our opponents, but again, for the second time, were beaten when the handicap was added on. Bummer. The good news, however, is that I'm dominating those peeps in the high scores. I still lead the class in "Series Without Handicap" and "Series With Handicap" and I'm tied for third for high score in a game (157). Not too bad, ladies and gents. I'm doing it all for you.
I don't know how Brandy is doing on "Dancing with the Stars." I didn't get a chance to watch with my mom last night because we were busy watching "Chuck" and "The Event" and washing dishes. I'll watch the show from last night when I get home and we'll catch up with the results when they air tonight. For now, I'll just assume that she's kicking booty. All my picks do. Down with Bristol Palin.
At least your mom loves you... because I don't!
"The House that A-Town Built" is going strong, headed into its sixth week. The K-UTE Clash has been pretty successful so far, as well, with nail-biting finishes galore. Except for last week when a Giant Twinkie beat Kobe Bryant by a vote of 12-2. That's some high quality radio. I don't mean to one-up myself or anything, but the theme of this Friday's Clash will be "strange things from outer space," featuring four combatants going head-to-head-to-head-to-head: Robots vs. Martians vs. Darth Vader vs. Lady Gaga. I'm taking the top two vote-getters to the next round where they'll face off one-on-one. Oh yeah, baby. This is radio at its finest. I found out how to put callers over the air last week, so I'm having some fun with that. Call in if you feel so inclined. Just don't swear. I'm trying to get my ratings up, so I invite all of you to listen to the show every Friday from 9AM until noon at www.kuteradio.com. Click on the link in the upper-right corner and a media player will pop up. Listen for all three hours. If you have more than one computer in your house, turn it on and listen on that one, too. Heck, even if you're not listening on that computer, open it anyway and leave it up for all three hours. My ratings are more important than conserving electricity. If you can't listen on Fridays, I'm about to unfriend you on Facebook. That is unacceptable. However, there may be a solution that can salvage what's left of our so-called friendship. I'm trying to get the shows off the studio computer so I can put them up as a podcast. The only problem that stands in my way is that the USB drive doesn't work on that computer... Hmm... Troubling. But as soon as I get it up and working, I assure you I'll annoy you about it. Thanks for the support, peeps.
Last weekend, I went on a retreat with my fraternity. I think a lot of people are still really worried that I'm in a fraternity. It's not a bad one, people. Who do you think I am? As I've stated previously, I am a member of the only LDS-sponsored fraternity in the entire world. It's good, clean fun and the guys are great. We went out camping deep in the heart of Spanish Fork Canyon and stayed up until 3:30 in the morning learning about service and bearing our testimonies. Does that sound like a toga party keg stand to you? I'm about done with my "pledge process," a month-long trial period that all new recruits have to go through. It will culminate with my "active ceremony" on Sunday night after General Conference, where I'll officially be welcomed into the fraternity. More stories to come, I'm sure.
This was my tent. Not.
This week's Fantasy Football Game Ball goes to Adrian Peterson of Jimmy Lee's "Tyrone Biggums" squad. I'm not sure what that name has to do with anything, but Mr. Peterson was up to no good on Sunday, rushing for 160 monster yards and two TDs and additionally receiving five passes for 30 yards, earning Tyrone a total of 49 fantasy points. Good work. I sadly made the unfortunate decision to bench Denver's Brandon Lloyd this week. He then went on to get 169 yards receiving and one TD. Fifty dang fantasy points straight down the freakin' tubes, man. Sickening. Austin's still in first place, but nobody really cares about him, so whatever.
There you go, sir.
The Shoutout of the Week this week goes to a bunch of little Hispanic kiddos at Palomino Intermediate School in Arizona. This is apparently a school that the Mighty Utah Student Section "adopted" this year. They posted a video on the MUSS page on Facebook and I ran across it this afternoon. I almost cried. I miss my little Hispanic kids... and their singing voices! So... marvelous! If you haven't seen it yet, you should, even if you don't like the Utes. It's worth your time and should bring a smile to your face this Tuesday - and hey, if it can bring a smile to even my blue-blooded, dyed in the wool BYU fan mother, that must be just another Sign of the Times.
That's all for this week, children. No Boo Box this week. Sad, isn't it? Anyhoo, let's blow this Popsicle stand.
Until next Time,
Move It! Sell It! And Leave the Door Open!
Aaron




No comments:
Post a Comment