It's Election Night in America.
Greetings to one and all from my couch at home. I'm glued to the TV watching news of the presidential election. Topics to be discussed tonight: not a whole lot, honestly. My thoughts about politics, the right to vote, and the next President of the United States. All right. On we go.
You know what bugs me about politics? How I feel like it's only ok to talk about who you're voting for if you're voting for President Obama. I mean, I live in UTAH, for crying out loud! Why do I always feel like I'm going to offend somebody if I say that I voted for Mitt Romney? Well guess what? I voted for Mitt Romney and I really don't want Obama to get re-elected. Freedom of speech, babies!!!
#VoteObama was being promoted by Twitter this morning. No mention of Romney anywhere. That offended me. Social media has been incredibly biased this election season. Can't wait for that crap to be over. And I am really excited to see how everybody throws a fit if Obama loses. #fingerscrossed
My brother Austin told me that he voted for Rocky Anderson today. He was joking, of course. But really, I think even I spent more money campaigning for President than Rocky Anderson did.
I know they all say that "every vote counts," but, let's be honest - my vote doesn't really make a difference. Romney would win Utah no matter whether I voted or not. And then, on a larger scale, it seems like winning Utah doesn't make a difference, either. The only states that matter are Ohio, Virginia, Florida, and, for some reason, they always make a big deal about New Hampshire. That's dumb. But as long as Mitt wins, I guess I don't really care. Basically, the way I'm feeling right now is that I cast my vote merely for the right to complain for the next four years.
I've seen a lot of people either joking or, well, who knows? Maybe they aren't joking about writing in candidates for President. I just talked about how I feel like my one vote doesn't really matter, but seriously if you're going to head to the polls and vote for your buddies or some celebrity or fictional character that didn't even campaign, why didn't you just stay at home and complain about politics on Twitter? And for all those people out there that are whining about being forced to vote for either Obama or Romney, why didn't you just run for President, yourselves, if you apparently know so much more than they do? Hmmph...
I'm starting the clock. My co-worker just got the hiccups at 2:58. The last time she got the hiccups at work, I swear it lasted for 20 minutes. Let's see how long this lasts..... It stopped. It was about four-to-five minutes. So, not that long, but still. I wouldn't even let it last four-to-five hiccups.
I hosted a murder mystery party on Friday night and it was a huge success! Five other couples met as the main characters in the story and my date and I simply hosted and oversaw the festivities to make sure that everybody was saying and doing all the things they needed to say and do. I really enjoyed it and I think that everyone that came did a great job of getting into character and having fun with the story. I've got another murder mystery that I'd like to do in the future, so if you're interested in participating, let me know.
I saw "Wreck-It Ralph" last Saturday night - and in three dimensions, no less! As a long-time lover of video games and an avid supporter of Disney animation, it was........ so awesome... Lots of subtle video game jokes and a heart-warming story about being good and loving yourself for who you are. I'd highly recommend that you get out and see this movie.
I've learned the hard way a couple times in the last two days that applying Icy Hot just before putting in your contacts is not a good idea.
The Jazz have a three-game losing streak. Also, after attending the game on opening night, I haven't had time to watch any of the other three games. Maybe they only win when I watch. That's a break from the Jazz's normal policy of only losing when I watch. So, um, I guess that's a good thing.
The Jazz have a three-game losing streak. Also, after attending the game on opening night, I haven't had time to watch any of the other three games. Maybe they only win when I watch. That's a break from the Jazz's normal policy of only losing when I watch. So, um, I guess that's a good thing.
The Twinnies have stooped to a new low on Sunday's episode of "The Amazing Race." I hated them before, but I really hate them now that they stole another team's money. That's ghetto. Yet again, a team failed to correctly read the clue for one of the challenges during this leg of the race. Read. The. Clues. Come on, people. In one part of the episode, teams went to a Turkish bath house to get a deep tissue massage and good, old-fashioned scrub-down. Good heavens, I could go for one of those babies right about now. For the final stretch of the leg, teams were required to sell Turkish sherbert, which is widely considered as the world's first soft drink. Austin would rock that. Austin could sell popsicles to an Eskimo, as they say. The Brothers Christensen would be dominant. In other, related news, "Amazing Race" applications are due this Thursday. We're on track to have our application and video in a day or two early. CBS better not blow it again this time around.
I'm about done with our new "Amazing Race" audition video. Sadly, I'm having to trim down tons of good stuff in order to meet the size requirement CBS enforces for the video file, so it may end up being a lot less cool that we had originally intended. Whatever. I'll post the full video online once it's done. As I've mentioned, we have taken the straight, serious approach to this video, as opposed to last year's "goofball" approach. That's a bit of a bummer because I really liked our last video, but CBS didn't, apparently, so we figured it couldn't hurt. I still think this new video is good, though, so we'll see what happens!
4:31 - More hiccups. They lasted 7 minutes.
The Fantasy Football Star of the Week is Doug Martin from DVD's Army again. He had like 79 fantasy points or something, but you don't care and neither do I. My team stinks.
I'm about done with our new "Amazing Race" audition video. Sadly, I'm having to trim down tons of good stuff in order to meet the size requirement CBS enforces for the video file, so it may end up being a lot less cool that we had originally intended. Whatever. I'll post the full video online once it's done. As I've mentioned, we have taken the straight, serious approach to this video, as opposed to last year's "goofball" approach. That's a bit of a bummer because I really liked our last video, but CBS didn't, apparently, so we figured it couldn't hurt. I still think this new video is good, though, so we'll see what happens!
4:31 - More hiccups. They lasted 7 minutes.
The Fantasy Football Star of the Week is Doug Martin from DVD's Army again. He had like 79 fantasy points or something, but you don't care and neither do I. My team stinks.
The Shoutout of the Week goes to Mitt Romney. The election isn't over yet, but I'm not sure things will end up going the way I want them to. I'm proud of Mitt, though. He acted, in my opinion, much more presidential and mature than Obama throughout the race and he really gave the LDS Church a ton of great publicity. Great job, Mitt. Hopefully by the time I wake up tomorrow you'll be President. If not, well... life goes on, I guess. God speed, Brother Romney.
That's about it for this week, kiddos. That's about all I can bear to write tonight. This is depressing. I feel so helpless. Gosh dang it.
That's about it for this week, kiddos. That's about all I can bear to write tonight. This is depressing. I feel so helpless. Gosh dang it.
Until next Time,
Move It. Sell It. And Leave the Door Open.
Aaron
No comments:
Post a Comment