I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
Greetings to one and all. I don't have a ton of time today, but I thought I'd update you all on how my week at EFY went. Topics to be discussed today: Um... my week at EFY. On we go!
It was another good week at EFY. Our session director was Brother Mortensen... Not like that means anything to any of you, but he was a good guy. This week was a little different for me because my sister, Amy, was there as a participant. It was her first time ever at EFY and I think she had a really fun time. I tried to keep an eye on her to see how she was liking it, but it was hard to find a balance without crossing the line and smothering her like an embarrassing older brother. Hopefully she wasn't too embarrassed by me. It was great watching her as the week went on, though. I was able to attend her group's testimony meeting, which was a great experience for me. She's a good girl and I'm proud of her - and for that, she receives the Shoutout of the Week. Congratulations.
Good work, Amos.
This week I was on slideshow duty, which meant that I was basically expected to be at all places at all times. I had to be everywhere, trying to capture the fun and games and spirituality that goes on throughout the session. It was hard for me to get to know the kids very well since a lot of the pictures I was taking were candid, so I had to be there, take a few sneaky pictures, then move on to another group of kids, but I had a lot of fun putting it together. The kids seemed pleased with how it turned out - I don't think I've ever heard the kids so excited at the beginning of a slideshow before, so that was a little victory for me right there. I'll try to post it on Facebook one of these days if any of you are interested in seeing it.
The ratings for our weekly radio broadcast were down a little bit this week. Not as many people were able to hear it, due to an unfortunate division of genders in our group. The young men and young women were divided between two different cafeterias, which made things a little difficult. There were, however, still a few bright spots in the week for us. We had our first ever Fourth of July radio show on Saturday, which started and ended with "Stars and Stripes Forever" playing in the background.
Believe it or not, I actually went on a successful date over the weekend. I went with a fellow counselor to watch the fireworks in Provo. It was a lot of fun and was a great way to spend the weekend. The horrible news is that I re-chipped my front tooth again! I don't know how it happens anymore, but it's like they filling they put in a few weeks ago just keeps falling out. This will be the third or fourth time I've had to go in for the exact same tooth - but this time it'll be a lot more difficult, since I'm heading down to Provo in a few hours and will be working all week. When will I have time to go in?? And are any dentists even open tomorrow? I've got to get this thing fixed before the rest of the tooth breaks along with it. Boo Box, everyone. Boo Box! BOOOOOO!!
Five more weeks to go. As I said, I'm heading back down in about an hour and a half or so. I had a few minutes so I thought I'd update you really quickly, but now I must be off to pack. This should be an interesting week - it's the return of the Mega Clique - four or five counselors whose goal in life is to take over the campus one 14-year-old at a time - and it will surely be another great week of Ed and me busting kids at the Creamery after hours. Enjoy Tuesday for me. God bless America.
Until next Time,
Move It. Sell It. And Leave the Door Open.
Aaron

No comments:
Post a Comment