Greetings this Tuesday to one and to all.
It's spring semester (comes after the fall).
I promised you something for Signs of the Times,
So I present this Issue completely with rhymes.
Topics today which shall be discussed:
Obama, Fruit Smiles, and my rhyming rust.
Once again people, I'm coming from Snow -
Here's another Newsletter and now ON WE GO!
Today is the day of inauguration,
When Barry Obama takes over the nation.
The people seem happy that he'll be annointed.
He better be cool, lest I be disappointed.
Did you see o'er the weekend they threw a big bash?
There were people all over just rollin' in cash.
Jack Black and "The Boss," and even Garth Brooks
Came to see Barack and their hands he shooks.
The craziest thing, I might have to say,
Was the Prez, wife, and kids just dancing away.
Maybe he smokes (a questionable move),
But last weekend taught me that Barry can groove.
We'll see how it goes. I wish him the best.
Enough of this stuff, and on with the rest.
Did anyone watch some pigskin as of late?If you're living in Phoenix then I bet you Feel great.
For those up in Philly, things aren't quite so well.
They're upset, awaiting that cold day in [Tampa?].
As for the Steelers, they're now here to stay-ee
After knocking the Ravens right out with McGahee.
Can Pittsburgh make diamonds out of the shards?
My house and I surely will root for the Cards.
It's been a while, or at least it seems,Since I ate those Fruit Smiles and had messed up dreams.
I'd heard the rumor, not sure it was true.
Thought I'd give it a whirl and see what it do.
I ate some fruit snacks. I ate quite a lot.
What was the timing? I must have forgot.
It was pretty late when I swallowed them down -
My expression changed to smile from frown.
Don't know what it did, but it was some junk!
Had a dream of a deer headbutting my trunk.
But that was not all - the other a shock.
Went whitewater rafting with Linus and Locke.
Went off waterfalls and started to scream.
Those WalMart Fruit Smiles sure messed with my dream.
And just for good measure, told roommates to try.
They all understood, but didn't know why.
Brady gave it a whirl and that night, no less,
He sent me a text 'bout his nighttime success.
The challenge I have I give to you all:
Elderly, youngerly, the short, and the tall.
Eat fruit snacks at night and then go to bed
If you want to see sugarplums dance in your head.
I dare you to try. Eat four, five, or three.
Then go hit the sack and dreams crazy you'll see.
I thought I'd be rusty, I thought I'd be sad.
But after a while, my rhymes ain't half bad.
I'd do this all day but it can not be so,
Though I would if I could and I thought you should know.

**QUESTION TIME!!**
Q. "What's more distracting when driving: using a phone or girls?"
- Ammon Hatch, not a poet
A. Thank you, dear Ammon, for your intriguing Question.
I've given it thought and here's my suggestion.
If you want to see sugarplums dance in your head.
I dare you to try. Eat four, five, or three.
Then go hit the sack and dreams crazy you'll see.
I thought I'd be rusty, I thought I'd be sad.
But after a while, my rhymes ain't half bad.
I'd do this all day but it can not be so,
Though I would if I could and I thought you should know.

**QUESTION TIME!!**
Q. "What's more distracting when driving: using a phone or girls?"
- Ammon Hatch, not a poet
A. Thank you, dear Ammon, for your intriguing Question.
I've given it thought and here's my suggestion.
The girls that I see as I drive down the street
Aren't the kind of women I usually meet.
They're usually young and being as such
They honestly don't distract me that much.
Therefore the distraction most 'stracting of all
Is driving while texting or taking a call.

Q. "What changes do you hope to see in the Obama Administration that were not present in the Bush presidency?"
- A Loyal Subscriber, not a poet
A. First and foremost, Obama's got class
So I hope that he won't be a pain in the [neck].
Another nice thing gone unseen for a while
Is a Commander in Chief with an true sense of style.
One change that I'd really like Obama to show
Would be picking his hair out and growing a 'fro.
I'm anxious to see what goes on with his hair.
I'm hoping to see salt 'n' pepper up there.

Remember my friends, you can write your own story,
Submit your own Questions to Tarheelglory.
It's time once again for the Box of the Boos.
A lot has gone on, so who will I choose?
A popular actor who's fallen from grace
Now deserves some Boos and a slap in the face.
Tom Hanks is his name and he made people mad.
My mom wants to boycott the movies he's had.
What did he do to determine this fate?
Said Mormons were bad when they paid for Prop Eight.
Were I in Iraq, I'd throw him my shoe,
But I'm not and I can't so let's all say it - BOOOOOOOO!!

And now is a fitting time meant for my brother -
Not Austin, nor Adam, but perhaps another.
His pants are too low, his hair is too long,
He's often distinguished by playing a song
Over and over and over again
(Not a question of "if," but a question of "when").
You'll easily spot him in front of the tube
And he'll always respond if you call him a Doob.
He is usually cheerful and seldom will sadden
'Til I beat him like rugs in a long game of Madden.
We have fun a lot when he acts like a geek
But I like him a lot, thus Shoutout of the Week.

As for this week, I believe that is all
Now back to the KAGE I slowly must crawl.
Tonight's a big night and never before
Have you heard the things of which I have in store.
You can tune in this evening beginning at ten.
Where should you go, now that you know when?
It's easy, of course, go to the web page
You need it again? - www.snow.edu/~kage
What hap'ning this Tuesday with good old A-Town?
We're done with Obama, so a new King we'll crown!
There's another KAGE Match for your pure satisfaction
So tune in tonight and catch all the action!
Until next Time when I come back with more,
Move It! Sell It! Leave Open the Door!
Aaron
Aren't the kind of women I usually meet.
They're usually young and being as such
They honestly don't distract me that much.
Therefore the distraction most 'stracting of all
Is driving while texting or taking a call.

Q. "What changes do you hope to see in the Obama Administration that were not present in the Bush presidency?"
- A Loyal Subscriber, not a poet
A. First and foremost, Obama's got class
So I hope that he won't be a pain in the [neck].
Another nice thing gone unseen for a while
Is a Commander in Chief with an true sense of style.
One change that I'd really like Obama to show
Would be picking his hair out and growing a 'fro.
I'm anxious to see what goes on with his hair.
I'm hoping to see salt 'n' pepper up there.

Remember my friends, you can write your own story,
Submit your own Questions to Tarheelglory.
It's time once again for the Box of the Boos.
A lot has gone on, so who will I choose?
A popular actor who's fallen from grace
Now deserves some Boos and a slap in the face.
Tom Hanks is his name and he made people mad.
My mom wants to boycott the movies he's had.
What did he do to determine this fate?
Said Mormons were bad when they paid for Prop Eight.
Were I in Iraq, I'd throw him my shoe,
But I'm not and I can't so let's all say it - BOOOOOOOO!!

And now is a fitting time meant for my brother -
Not Austin, nor Adam, but perhaps another.
His pants are too low, his hair is too long,
He's often distinguished by playing a song
Over and over and over again
(Not a question of "if," but a question of "when").
You'll easily spot him in front of the tube
And he'll always respond if you call him a Doob.
He is usually cheerful and seldom will sadden
'Til I beat him like rugs in a long game of Madden.
We have fun a lot when he acts like a geek
But I like him a lot, thus Shoutout of the Week.

As for this week, I believe that is all
Now back to the KAGE I slowly must crawl.
Tonight's a big night and never before
Have you heard the things of which I have in store.
You can tune in this evening beginning at ten.
Where should you go, now that you know when?
It's easy, of course, go to the web page
You need it again? - www.snow.edu/~kage
What hap'ning this Tuesday with good old A-Town?
We're done with Obama, so a new King we'll crown!
There's another KAGE Match for your pure satisfaction
So tune in tonight and catch all the action!
Until next Time when I come back with more,
Move It! Sell It! Leave Open the Door!
Aaron
No comments:
Post a Comment