Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Signs of the Times, Issue No. 28 - 10/14/08

It was all gone. All of it. This had never happened before. He would either have to start it all over again or postpone it until... Wednesday... (GASP!!) But no. No. He wouldn't let that happen. And it came back after about ten minutes, anyway...


Greetings to one and all from the Snow College library in Ephraim, Utah. Today is Tuesday. Tomorrow is Wednesday. My hands are thawing out. I am so glad they finally turned the heaters on in this building. It has been darned cold lately. Topics to be discussed today include dropping temperatures, the rising moon, Homecoming, something that creeps me out, and a promotion! On we go!


When the heck did this happen?? I remember about two weeks ago, it was still 70 degrees outside and I didn't have to wear a sweatshirt everywhere I went. And then, suddenly, it gets FREEZING outside! I haven't been this cold in at least 22 months. It got pretty dang cold in Rockingham sometimes. But seriously, it's really cold outside. I think I'm getting repetitive now. This came out of nowhere and I think it came about three weeks early, too. It's not supposed to be this cold this soon! It's depressing. Very depressing. So depressing, in fact, that I think it froze some of my brain cells so that I can only say the same things over and over again with slight variance. I think I'm going into hibernation after "City Council" tonight. See you next May.


Speaking of "City Council," tonight should prove to be an interesting show. I had a nice KAGE Match lined up that I was really excited about, but then I found out that tonight is the infamous True Badger Night. I know you're all wondering who I'm going to make out with and you all want to yell at me for even mentioning the words "make out" in my Newsletter, but luckily, I have some news for you - since my show goes from 10:00 to midnight and True Badger Night goes from 10:30 to midnight, there's pretty much no way for me to do both things simultaneously, so once again, I remain True Badgerless.

However, don't fret, Loyal A-Towners. The intent of tonight's special True Badger Night edition is to comfort those less-fortunate souls that won't be making the trek out to the bell tower. I intend to play 100% pure love songs. That's right. And that should be shocking if you follow the show at all, since I've pretty much mocked all the other radio shows that only talk about dating this and dating that, blah, blah, blah, etcetera. Don't sell me short yet, though. It's not like I'm going to be playing Barry White or anything! It will be good stuff, such as "Long Train Running" by the Doobie Brothers ("Without love, where would you be right now?"), Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name," Good Charlotte's sarcastic "Girls and Boys," and "Papa Loves Mambo" by Perry Como. Tonight's KAGE Match is a last-minute change from what I had planned (tune in next week), but should be pretty good anyway. "Cardiac Arrest" - Heart vs. Panic! at the Disco vs. the Strokes... (I was thinking about Heart vs. the Police, but I already used the Police in Season One... sad, I know...) Tune in tonight starting at 10PM Mountain Daylight Time (www.snow.edu/~kage) for tonight's two and a half hour True Badger Night edition of "City Council" w/ A-Town.


I'm sure many of you might ask, "Well Aaron, why don't you just kiss the girl you went to Homecoming with?" Well... It's a long story... and one that I don't feel comfortable telling in such a public forum. We'll just say that we're "just good friends." Homecoming was good, nonetheless. I mean, it's a little discouraging to spend a lot of money (not a LOT, but come on... I'm a college kid - everything is relative) and do lots of nice things for somebody who doesn't fully appreciate it. I was thinking about it and it finally makes sense to me. My parents would understandably be disappointed when they took their young children to go see a movie, for example, or on a vacation, and we underexpressed our gratitude. I think I somewhat know how they feel now. I'm not devastated by this. I was actually kind of expecting it. And she wasn't a complete jerk about it, either. She's actually very nice. She's just not interested whatsoever. Anyhoo, the football game was good. We ended up leaving with ten minutes left in the fourth quarter because it got pretty dang cold and it was snowing. The Badgers were leading 51-12 at the time and ended up winning 58-12, remaining undefeated and retaining their #2 national ranking. We didn't really have a group to go to the dance with, so we just went by ourselves after having a lovely dinner in my clean apartment. The dance started out kind of lame, but after a while a lot of people showed up, so it wasn't so bad. After the dance, we returned to my humble abode, roasted marshmallows over the stove, and watched a chick flick. It's always kind of awkward sitting almost on complete opposite sides of the couch with your date, but um... we're "good friends," so... whatever. I enjoyed the date, but, sadly, thus ends my illustrious dating career with this girl. More money for me.


**QUESTION TIME!!**


Q. "Dear Aaron,
What creeps you out?"
- Just Curious,
The Junior Mounties

A. When did the Wendy's Girl learn to talk? (SALUTE!)


Q. "Dear Aaron,
What is the difference between popular kids in high school and popular kids in college?"
- Just Curious,
The Junior Mounties

A. Metal nametags. (SALUTE!)


Q. "Which is better, A-Town, to be feared or to be loved?"
- Suzy Petersen

A. Good question. Listen to "City Council" tonight for the answer.


Submit your Questions for next week to tarheelglory19@yahoo.com or by visiting the "City Council" fan page on http://www.facebook.com/.


This is a true story - Today I was flipping channels and guess what was on ESPN? The National School Scrabble Championship.


There is good news in Radio Land - A-Town is now under scholarship! Starting next semester, I will be taking over the staff position of Program Director for the music committee for the current girl, who is getting married and transferring to UVU at the end of the semester. Ah yes. You heard it here first, people. Watch out, Seacrest.


The Fantasy Football Superstar of the Week is none other than Canadian Bacon's Giant killing QB, Derek Anderson, whose uncharacteristically good week (310 passing yards for 2 TD) earned the Swine 46 fantasy points and led the Cleveland Browns to a stunning demolition of the Super Bowl champs last night. We'll see if that ever happens again, though. I just thought I'd take advantage of Cleveland's one good week.


The Shoutout of the Week this week goes to Suzy Petersen. POW! ZOWIE! ZING!


That's about it for this Time... Oh gosh. My Internet was pretty messed up a second ago and I thought I had lost about 80% of this Issue. I was pretty dang ticked off. Memo to me - Don't use italics. Ah. Now it's working... I better hurry the freak up and send this before something else messes up. Have a nice week.


Until next Time,

Move It! Sell It! And Leave the Door Open!

Aaron

No comments: