They should remake "McKids."
Greetings to one and all. I figured that since I missed two weeks of the Newsletter, that I'd make up for one of them by doing two Newsletters in the same week. This may be an unprecedented event in the history of the world. Enjoy it while it lasts. Topics to be discussed today: "The Big Ticket 2," jumping ship, some new personal bests, and my take on video games. You asked for it. You got it. It's a shorter, weekend edition of "Signs of the Times." On we go!
I recently remembered that I failed to mention anything about our big "The Big Ticket 2" world premiere that we had back at the end of last month. It went really well. We rented out the cultural hall of a nearby church and set up a projector and a screen to watch the movies on. Roughly 15 to 20 people showed up, which may not sound like a lot, but, honestly, it was more than I was expecting. Once everybody showed up, we had some delicious snacks and had a photo shoot with the folks in attendance. Then we sat down and watched "The Big Ticket 1" from 2005, both theatrical trailers for the second movie, and then ended the night by watching the world premiere of the long-anticipated "The Big Ticket 2." Everything went really well and I am personally grateful to everyone who showed up or contributed in any way. Let's get a couple quick Shoutouts of the Week out of the way since I forgot to give any on Tuesday. Scott Aylett, Joy Valentine, Sam Rimmasch, JD Lloyd, my family, and everybody else out there... Nicki Orton and Erica Keiser, Jon Blackham, Jason Moffat... Lots and lots of people to thank. And it is now my pleasure to announce that for all you fools out there who purposely ignored my Facebook invites, you can now see "The Big Ticket 2" online! Head over to my Facebook profile and check it out. It's in five parts, so make sure you watch them in order. TBT 4 LIFE!!
The big news of the week is that the University of Utah - my beloved University of Utah - is leaving the Mountain West Conference and heading for the PAC-10... 12... however many teams there are now... I know a lot of people out there are pretty happy about this, but let me fill you in on a little secret. I just found out what "PAC" stands for - Piece A Crap. I'm not happy about it. Why, you ask? Because I've grown accustomed to being the underdog. I actually kind of almost like it. That way, if you lose, it doesn't crush your hopes and dreams, and if you win, you shock the world. It's an ok life, I guess. However, to refer to an analogy that my dad keeps using, now, instead of being a big fish in a small pond, so to speak, now Utah is a regular-sized fish in a huge pond. The Mountain West Conference could have been a powerhouse with the Utes, BYU, TCU, and now Boise State. We could have gone to town on the BCS conferences. But now that Utah is leaving, the addition of Boise State does little, if anything, to the MWC's hopes at an automatic BCS bid come bowl season. In fact, it might even be a downgrade! This proves once and for all that the only thing that can anger a BYU fan more than losing to Utah is actually losing them. What I'm upset about, though, is that the Utes basically sold out to the join the BCS, but I guess the old saying is true: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. In that case, I'm seriously converting to be a Catholic Democrat Justin Bieber fan. I believe this qualifies for this week's Boo Box. Everybody together now - BOOOOOO!!
Here's a new record for you. I believe this a personal best. The other day, I watched 9 episodes of "Chuck" in one day. I watched 17 in two days. For those of you who forgot, I'm on a week-long break from EFY. I'll go back tomorrow afternoon, but I've just been chilling in the Bachelor Cave all week. Believe it or not (Mom), I cleaned up a lot of stuff in my room this week - and while I was at it, I thought I'd finish season two of "Chuck." I should be able to finish season three sometime within the next 24 hours. It's pretty good stuff. I've enjoyed it so far.
On a somewhat-related note, here's another new record. I took a girl on a date this week. (Applause) That's not the record. I'll get to the record in a second. Well, the date went well. We saw "Shrek 4." (Dollar theater material...) Then we got milkshakes. They were pretty good. Then we sat there and talked for two hours. In my mind, it went pretty well. She texted me 40 minutes later and told me there wouldn't be a second date. That's P.M.U.!! I don't know what to do with these girls - and don't tell me I'm going for the wrong girls... If EFY counselors aren't "the right girls," I really need some help.
**QUESTION TIME!!**
Q. "Aaron,
We all know of your love of Rock Band and Madden. Do you like video games in general, and, if so, do you have an affiliation of one system over another? Have you been following the product announcement at E3? Do you know what E3 is? And if the answers to the two previous Questions were in the affirmative, did you see the Nintendo announcement? If so, what are your thoughts of the promise of 3D without the glasses? And what about Kid Icarus? Before your time? I guess my affiliation is showing. I look forward to your EPIC response."
Kindly,
- The Nerd Herd of Burbank
A. Dear Nerd Herd,
I believe you have just set a record for the most Questions ever asked within one singular Question. Thank you, kind sir. I do, in fact, love video games. I even have a shirt to prove it. If you would have asked me this a few years ago, I would have told you that I was a Nintendo man to the end, but my family eventually got a Playstation 2 and I ended up converting. I've got a Playstation 3 now and I love it. I do know what E3 is - it's a yearly video games convention for all the big wigs at Playstation, XBox, Nintendo, etc., to show off their upcoming plans for the next year. In fact, yesterday I watched an hour-long PS3/PSP presentation from the most recent convention. They've got some cool stuff coming out, most notably the Playstation Move, which basically seems like a rip off of the Wii. Oh well. I haven't seen a whole lot about Nintendo's new stuff yet, but I have heard that they're coming out with a lot of 3D stuff, which is... well... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I went to a national broadcasting convention in Las Vegas last April (2009) and they were all about 3D movies, 3D TVs, and stuff like that. I guess the new 3D TVs they're making now didn't come as a shock to me since I knew about them like eight months in advance. I was really hoping that the 3D craze would come and go, but it looks like it's here to stay for a while. I don't like it. I actually find it kind of annoying - mostly because of the dorky glasses. So hey, I say if you can give me 3D stuff like everyone's doing now and give it to me without the glasses, go for it. It'll be interesting to see how it works out for them. There was an NES (regular Nintendo) with Kid Icarus that I vaguely remember. Looks like they're planning on releasing a new 3D game featuring the Kid, himself. Know what game they should remake? "McKids." It was an entire game based on McDonald's. I loved that game. But mostly, I loved playing as the Black kid with a flat top. Thanks again for the great Question.
If you've got a Question you're just dying to ask, do it. Do it now.
Here's one more Shoutout of the Week. This one goes to Nicole Wait, who will, no doubt, be absolutely honored to find out that she's made the Newsletter.
That's about it for this week, folks. I'm off to EFY for seven straight weeks, starting tomorrow. A lot of exciting things will be happening in those seven weeks, without a doubt. Austin's coming home in five weeks! Time flies, does it not?
Until next Time,
Move It. Sell It. And Leave the Door Open.
Aaron




No comments:
Post a Comment